Resist

This is my page for the PaperArtsy Challenge Topic #7 Resists 

  
I recently was given a set of oil pastels by my mum. And thought I’d have a play using them as a resist to create a cool background. 

I started just by drawing some shapes in a cream oil pastel and adding a few scribble lines too. I then used a neon pink paint, a turquoise paint and lots of water to create a watercolour background. I loved the colours but didn’t like how I ended up with a block of pink with harsh lines.

So I left this page for a bit then unsure where to go next……

A few days later I added the boarder using PA stencil PS031 and the blobby lines from the same stencil. Which helped to cover some of the harsh lines from the paint layer. 

Next I added the stamping of my favourite PA mini stamp mini18 in archival ink in “watering can”. This was a bit harsh for me too so I added some white to the insides of the letters and numbers. 

The focal image is a stencil from the crafters workshop, I absolutely love this stencil but don’t often use it. So I stencilled it onto some old book paper using black paint cut it out and stuck it down. Then to make the feathers make sense I searched online for a quote about feathers and found this one which I loved, ” it’s not enough to have the feathers. You must dare to fly!” 

I’m actually fairly pleased with how this page came out! Considering I had no clue what to do after adding the paint. 

Image Transfers 

PaperArtsy blog challenge #4 : image transfers 
http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2016/02/2016-topic-4-image-transfers-challenge.html?m=1

Similarly to the last PA blog challenge I’ve never tried image transfers before so I was so excited when my first attempt actually worked!!!! 
The technique I used was (approx. 8) layers of mod podge over the image in alternating vertical and horizontal application, soak in water and then rub the paper off to reveal the transferred image. 
  
For the rest of the page I brayered different shades of PaperArtsy Fresco finish paints (cheesecake, guacamole, tinned peas and Hyde park), where the paper had warped from the previous page this created a really cool texture. 
Then I sprayed dylusions fresh lime and the paint acted as a resist. 

I then lightened off an area where my image transfer was going to be with the lighter shades of paint, and stick my image transfer down. 

Next I took a hand made stamp and Hyde park PA paint and stamped leaves around the transfer. 

Finished the project off with a washi tape boarder and a quote.