Play pages

Things have been busier than normal so I haven’t been crafting as much, and I missed out on a couple of the PaperArtsy challenges. 

But the small amounts of play I have managed to squeeze in have resulted in some interesting pages. 

I took inspiration from Kim Dellow in using leaflets/books that have been mailed to me as my journal. I’ve been using envelopes as my substrate for a while now but those have been plain with no writing or images on them. 

These pages have built up over a number of weeks often just adding one element or layer. And they are still very much works in progress. 


This is the front cover and as it stands I absolutely love this page! 


This is one of the “finished” pages (because it has a quote 😉 , but who knows I might add more to it at a later date. 


Another page that could be finished but I’m not sure yet!!!! I hand drew the flowers and subsequently made a hand carved stamp using some of them because I really liked the shape. 

You can really see the original print from the booklet in this page and I used one of the title words as the main message for this page. 


Another couple of pages that are one their way. I’m liking the pink page a lot! And I like that the last page is monochrome which wasn’t intentional. Originally it was very colourful. 

This is the hand carved stamp from the “be bold” page. 

Advertisements

Image Transfers 

PaperArtsy blog challenge #4 : image transfers 
http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2016/02/2016-topic-4-image-transfers-challenge.html?m=1

Similarly to the last PA blog challenge I’ve never tried image transfers before so I was so excited when my first attempt actually worked!!!! 
The technique I used was (approx. 8) layers of mod podge over the image in alternating vertical and horizontal application, soak in water and then rub the paper off to reveal the transferred image. 
  
For the rest of the page I brayered different shades of PaperArtsy Fresco finish paints (cheesecake, guacamole, tinned peas and Hyde park), where the paper had warped from the previous page this created a really cool texture. 
Then I sprayed dylusions fresh lime and the paint acted as a resist. 

I then lightened off an area where my image transfer was going to be with the lighter shades of paint, and stick my image transfer down. 

Next I took a hand made stamp and Hyde park PA paint and stamped leaves around the transfer. 

Finished the project off with a washi tape boarder and a quote. 

Wax 

This blog post is to show my play for the PaperArtsy topic 3: WAX http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2016/02/2016-topic-3-wax-challenge.html?m=1
I have never worked with anything like this before so it was very new territory for me. 

And I was super busy so didn’t enter for the PaperArtsy challenge prize thingy. (But I did win it last time 😉 ) 

So I basically had a play with a few different techniques using Gelatos.  This technique is really cool and I’m sure I’ll be using this again. 

For this I stamped my image/background in clear embossing ink then put clear embossing powder over the top and set that. Next I went in with my Gelatos all over and used my finger to work it into the gaps/paper. 
  This is a cool technique too, using Gelatos to tint grunge paste. (Apologies for the picture not sure why it’s blue!). 
And finally I did create a page in my envelope journal with the Gelatos direct to paper and then wiping through a stencil back to the underlying colour of the paper.   I added a border some stamped feathers and a quote. I’ll be honest this isn’t my favourite page I’ve created. 

But this challenge and journal isn’t about things being perfect, it’s for me to try things that I’ve maybe never done before. 

Magia xxx