Image Transfers 

PaperArtsy blog challenge #4 : image transfers 
http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2016/02/2016-topic-4-image-transfers-challenge.html?m=1

Similarly to the last PA blog challenge I’ve never tried image transfers before so I was so excited when my first attempt actually worked!!!! 
The technique I used was (approx. 8) layers of mod podge over the image in alternating vertical and horizontal application, soak in water and then rub the paper off to reveal the transferred image. 
  
For the rest of the page I brayered different shades of PaperArtsy Fresco finish paints (cheesecake, guacamole, tinned peas and Hyde park), where the paper had warped from the previous page this created a really cool texture. 
Then I sprayed dylusions fresh lime and the paint acted as a resist. 

I then lightened off an area where my image transfer was going to be with the lighter shades of paint, and stick my image transfer down. 

Next I took a hand made stamp and Hyde park PA paint and stamped leaves around the transfer. 

Finished the project off with a washi tape boarder and a quote. 

Crafty Storage Box

My dad found this box and thought I might be able to use it for storing some of my craft supplies. IMG_6719.JPG (apologies some of the pictures aren’t great, I wasn’t planning on creating a blog post about this so didn’t pay much attention when taking the photos)

I loved the wood effect but didn’t particularly like all the “stickers” on the box. So I decided to completely cover the box. I took inspiration from Christy Tomlinson as I love her style and wanted to try something similar.

I first began by covering the entire box with paper which I tore to add texture. (I did this for all 4 sides and the top. I didn’t bother with the bottom as it wouldn’t be seen)

IMG_6747.JPG

IMG_6751.JPG

Then using PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylic Paint in ‘snowflake’ I added a thin layer using a very useful tool….. My finger! Applying a thin layer of paint helps to blend all the papers and create a background for the next stages whilst not obliterating the colours and patterns from the papers.
(I didn’t take a photo of this stage but you can see in the next photo how thinly I applied the snowflake Fresco Finish paint).

Next I wanted to add some texture using stencils, stamps, Dylusions ink sprays and more Fresco Finish Paints from PaperArtsy.
I used a doily stencil from The Crafters Workshop and a piece of packaging that had holes in it to spray Dylusions ink.
I used a selection of stamps from Kaiser Craft and Dyan Reaveley’s Dylusions. I used a piece of cut and dry foam to apply the paint to the stamp. The colours I used were ‘Zesty zing’, ‘Beach hut’, ‘London bus’, ‘Limelight’ and ‘Eggplant’

IMG_6772.JPG

I also added some rub ons again to add texture the rub ons were from a shop called Hema and I really liked them because they had arrows and cool shapes as well as alphabet rub ons (which I didn’t use on this project). I also added a few Tim Holtz rub ons and did some doodling too.

Next I wanted to knock back some of the stamping and rub ons so I went in again with my trust tool (finger!) and more ‘snowflake’ Fresco Finish paint. (Be careful with this step over the Dylusions sprays as the paint will cause the ink to move around, could create a mess and ruin all your work!).

Finally I added a layer of Decou-page glue to seal in the rub ons and all the layers of paint and ink, which stops the rub ons peeling off but also protects your work.

And here is the finished project!

IMG_6787.JPG

IMG_6788.JPG

A couple of close ups to show the layers in more detail.

IMG_6789.JPG

IMG_6790.JPG

Thanks for stopping by!