Mono printing 

Here’s my page for the PaperArtsy challenge #9 Mono Printing. 

http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2016/05/2016-topic-9-mono-printing-challenge.html?m=1


Gelli printing is one of my newest obsessions!!!

As you can see I did my gelli printing onto old book paper, I just love the added layer the typed print brings without me doing any work! 

This was 3 different prints all in similar colours ripped up and glued into my envelope journal. 

I had the large scribble circle already stamped out from a previous project and I wanted to use it on this page. 

So I added some more stamping of the large and small scribble circles from EEG15. The “art” stamp and small spikey circles from the same stamp plate. I also brought out my oil pastels to add some colour to the circles. 

Advertisements

White space

I’m a bit late to the party with this one! Here’s my play at the PaperArtsy challenge #8 White space. 

White space is something I struggle with and will try to push myself to do more projects with white space, especially with my art journalling. 

I recently bought PaperArtsy’s infusions at Ally Pally. I love them so much already!!! 

So I was just playing with those and the idea of white space. 

To finish I added some stamps from ESN11. 

Now I need to go and buy the rest of the infusions colours!!!! 

Art Doll

PaperArtsy blog challenge: #5 Art Dolls 
http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2016/03/2016-topic-5art-dolls-challenge.html?m=1

As for some of the previous PA challenges this year Art Dolls is not something I’ve ever attempted to make. But I do love making abstract assemblages. 
I started this project by pulling out lots of bits and bobs I have magpied away (cogs, mini glass bottles, wooden shapes, beads etc). 
I have lots of the boxes from a Tim Holtz configuration left over from a previous project and I thought one would make a good “body” for my art doll. 
I started by painting the inside of the box in PaperArtsy Fresco paint stone, I wanted a light colour so all the bits and bobs would show up. 
Next I used a technique shown to me by Tracy Scott that we used at the PaperArtsy Xmas craft party and made a spine and rib cage for my doll using tissue paper, glue and grunge paste. 

I painted the whole back of the box in little black dress PA paint. And added London night, mushroom and stone for the bones. 
  

I have to admit I’m very please with how this came out 🙂 
I was struggling for a long time on what to do for the head of my doll, I knew I wanted to use the blue eye but that was all, and I played around with using a button for the other eye, a cork for the nose and a plastic “thing” for the mouth but then I saw this skull eraser!!! I love skulls and skeletons etc and it just seemed a perfect fit with what I had done on the torso of my doll. 
  

Next it was all just about assembling the dolls bits and bobs together. 
  

The finishing touch to the whole project was the top hat I made my doll which I just think is super cute! 
   
 

Wax 

This blog post is to show my play for the PaperArtsy topic 3: WAX http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2016/02/2016-topic-3-wax-challenge.html?m=1
I have never worked with anything like this before so it was very new territory for me. 

And I was super busy so didn’t enter for the PaperArtsy challenge prize thingy. (But I did win it last time 😉 ) 

So I basically had a play with a few different techniques using Gelatos.  This technique is really cool and I’m sure I’ll be using this again. 

For this I stamped my image/background in clear embossing ink then put clear embossing powder over the top and set that. Next I went in with my Gelatos all over and used my finger to work it into the gaps/paper. 
  This is a cool technique too, using Gelatos to tint grunge paste. (Apologies for the picture not sure why it’s blue!). 
And finally I did create a page in my envelope journal with the Gelatos direct to paper and then wiping through a stencil back to the underlying colour of the paper.   I added a border some stamped feathers and a quote. I’ll be honest this isn’t my favourite page I’ve created. 

But this challenge and journal isn’t about things being perfect, it’s for me to try things that I’ve maybe never done before. 

Magia xxx

Hearts 

Challenge number 2 on the PaperArtsy blog. 
http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2016/01/2016-topic-2-hearts-challenge.html?m=1

For this topic I created a page in my envelope journal. 
I pretty much used every heart stamp, stencil and mask I own! 
I started off by stamping lots of hearts from EEG13 onto the page with archival ink in sepia.   
Then I added some PaperArtsy paints (Rose, Wisteria and stone) with a baby wipe.

 

Added some heart stencilling with neon pink paint and some dots stencilling with Amethyst PA paint.   

I still had some stone paint on my craft sheet so I added some text stamping from HP1304EZ. 
Used a homemade heart mask and covered the whole piece in little black dress PA paint. 
Added some hearts stamped on to old book paper and finished with a quote, boarder, dots and outlining in my trusty sharpie white paint pen. 

 And here is the finished page 🙂