PaperArtsy blog challenge: #5 Art Dolls
As for some of the previous PA challenges this year Art Dolls is not something I’ve ever attempted to make. But I do love making abstract assemblages.
I started this project by pulling out lots of bits and bobs I have magpied away (cogs, mini glass bottles, wooden shapes, beads etc).
I have lots of the boxes from a Tim Holtz configuration left over from a previous project and I thought one would make a good “body” for my art doll.
I started by painting the inside of the box in PaperArtsy Fresco paint stone, I wanted a light colour so all the bits and bobs would show up.
Next I used a technique shown to me by Tracy Scott that we used at the PaperArtsy Xmas craft party and made a spine and rib cage for my doll using tissue paper, glue and grunge paste.
I have to admit I’m very please with how this came out 🙂
I was struggling for a long time on what to do for the head of my doll, I knew I wanted to use the blue eye but that was all, and I played around with using a button for the other eye, a cork for the nose and a plastic “thing” for the mouth but then I saw this skull eraser!!! I love skulls and skeletons etc and it just seemed a perfect fit with what I had done on the torso of my doll.